February 2, 2015
Trott Communications Group, Inc. was retained by Kenton County, Kentucky to assess its current public safety radio communications systems and provide recommendations for future upgrades.
August 30, 2016
The Fiscal Courts of Boone, Campbell and Kenton Counties enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) relating to the design, bidding, construction, and implementation of an 800 megahertz (P 25) Public Safety Communication System.
October 3, 2016
The Request for Proposal (RFP) for a P25 Trunked Radio System for Boone, Campbell and Kenton Counties was released.
February 2, 2017
Proposals were received.
April & May 2017
- April 18, 2017: Boone County Fiscal Court Awarded the Bid for a New Regional Public Safety Communication System to Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- April 25, 2017: Kenton County Fiscal Court accepted the bid submitted by Motorola Solutions, Inc. for the P-25 Trunk Digital Radio System.
- May 3, 2017: Campbell County Fiscal Court passed a resolution recommending that the Campbell County Consolidated Dispatching Board enter into an agreement with Motorola Solutions, Inc. to provide a P25 Digital Radio Communication System.
All radio system components are assembled and tested at the Motorola factory in Illinois.
- Tower loading studies were presented by Motorola. Towers located in Taylor Mill and at Hands Pike were overloaded and determined to be unusable.
- Fiskburg Road site purchased for radio tower.
- Searches were conducted to determine alternate tower site locations. Fox Run Golf Course was identified as a viable alternate site for Hands Pike.
- Radio Subscriber Unit (mobile and portable radio) bid responses received.
Radio Bids presented to system users for feedback.
Tower for Taylor Mill location determined to be Mobilecomm property. New tower to be constructed.
March 19, 2018
- Devou tower receives green light to proceed.
- Tower agreement negotiations begin with Mobilecomm.