The Kenton County monthly clean-up events have been replaced with a voucher program. Beginning in January 2019, unwanted waste can be taken directly to Bavarian Landfill (12764 McCoy Fork Rd., Walton), instead of Kenton County Public Works.
The voucher system will allow the community to dispose of their waste at Bavarian Landfill, Monday - Saturday, during normal business hours. Kenton County will NO longer host monthly clean-up events.
- 200 vouchers per month will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Vouchers will not be issued during months that have a clean-up event scheduled (Spring & Fall Clean-up Events).
- Kenton County Residents MUST provide a proper Kenton County ID with address that matches a current paid trash bill. Vouchers are not intended for businesses.
- Vouchers can be picked up at the Kenton County Public Works office (420 Independence Station Road, Independence, KY 41051) during normal business hours.
- Limit (1) voucher per Kenton County residential address per month; not to exceed (10) per year.
- No Credit Policy: Two vouchers max per drop off. Vouchers hold no monetary value.
- Kenton County will still have the normal appliance pickup and drop-off options for metals, oil, and antifreeze, available to the public during normal business hours.
- Spring (May 2-4) & Fall (Oct. 3 -5) Clean-up Events offered to the community; see website for details.
Accepted items include: yard waste, large and bulky furniture, wood, glass, plastics, and mattresses (additional $5 charge; not included with voucher).
Liquids, tires, appliances, metals and electronics are not accepted.
Vans, SUV’s and Pickup trucks cannot have waste stacked higher than the cab. Trailers up to 8 feet in length cannot have waste stacked higher than 3 feet. Bavarian Landfill has the right to turn away unacceptable items and loads that are too large. If the load is too large (exceeds the value of the voucher) resident has the option to pay for load at the normal Bavarian Landfill rate and hold on to voucher for a smaller load.
Dropping items off at Public Works when there is not a Clean-up Event scheduled is considered illegal dumping. If caught, you could be prosecuted and fined.
Please contact the office at (859) 392-1920, or visit the Kenton County website here for more information.