Kenton County Fiscal Court Open Records Policy
The principal office of the Kenton County Fiscal Court is:
1840 Simon Kenton Way,
Covington, KY 41011
Phone: (859) 392-1400
Fax: (859) 392-1412
The regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The fee for copying records shall be $0.10 per page.
- This fee shall be payable in advance of the document being reproduced.
- If the citizen desires the material to be mailed, the postage shall also be paid in addition to the copy fee and in advance.
- All Records Requests shall be in writing and signed by the requestor.
- All Records Requests must specifically state the documents to be inspected.
- All inspections of records must take place during the regular business hours.
- The records shall not be removed from the Kenton County Offices.
- The Records Custodian shall be responsible for showing the citizen where the records are kept if desired.
- If the requesting citizen desires copies while at the Kenton County Offices, copies will be made, IF pre-payment of the copy fee is made AND staff is available.
- If the requesting citizen is not at the Kenton County Offices upon request, the copies shall be made within three days UPON receipt of the copy fee, postage and mailer if necessary.
Dispatch & Police
For records specific to Dispatch and Police, please see the separate forms:
- On June 27, 2018, the Kenton County Emergency Communications Center (KCECC) began to serve all cities and unincorporated areas within Kenton County; therefore, KCECC cannot fulfill historical requests for all agencies. All requests will be processed pursuant to KRS Chapter 61.
- This form is used to request records from the Kenton County Police Department. This only includes records where the Kenton Police Department is the custodian (owner). All requests will be processed pursuant to KRS Chapter 61.