Kenton County Public Works is hosting its annual Fall Clean-Up on September 30th and October 1st (Friday & Saturday) from 8 AM to 6 PM daily at their facility located at 420 Independence Station Road, Independence, KY, 41051.
The Clean-Up is an opportunity for residents to dispose of unwanted trash, debris, bulky household items, etc. free of charge. Residents must bring proof of residency such as a driver’s license with current address or a current trash bill. Businesses, including junk/construction, debris removal, or automotive, are prohibited. No large enclosed trucks or trailers full of furniture and large item waste.
- Appliances (Freon containing appliances accepted with $25 fee -no food waste inside)
- Yard debris
- Household trash
- Scrap metal
- Electronics (anything with a power cord; one TV per vehicle)
- Motor and rechargeable batteries
- 20lb propane grill tank
- Oil and Antifreeze (containers must be labeled)
- Tires are accepted, (8) standard tires free per residential address, (8+) $3.00 fee per tire
- Recyclables (cardboard, aluminum, plastics #1 & #2)
- Lawn equipment and power tools (all fluids like oil/gas must be removed)
- Hazardous materials
- Liquid Waste
- Fire extinguishers
- Large tanks/cylinders/oxygen tanks
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Shingles, drywall, construction debris
- Concrete, brick, or dirt
- Junk vehicles (including boats)
To prevent litter, please cover open loads with a tarp and strap down loose items. No county assistance will be provided to unload. Kenton County Public Works has the right to refuse any and all items transported to Public Works for disposal.
Questions? Please contact Kenton County Public Works Solid Waste Management at (859) 392-1919 or via email.