Kenton County Solid Waste Management has partnered with Cohen Recycling, the City of Covington, and keep Covington Beautiful to collect and properly recycle old holiday lights.
From December 1, 2022 to February 1, 2023, holiday lights (traditional and LED style bulbs) can be dropped off at various locations throughout Northern Kentucky. This season, a friendly competition between Kenton, Boone, and Campbell Counties is underway for the most recycled holiday lights.
Locations in Covington and Kenton County:
- The lobby at Covington City Hall, at 20 West Pike Street
- Covington Fire Department; Station 5, at 1255 Hands Pike
- The Center for Great Neighborhoods, 321 W. 12th Street
- Kenton County Administration Building, 1840 Simon Kenton Way, Covington
- Historic Kenton County Courthouse, at 5272 Madison Pike, Independence
- Kenton County Public Works, at 420 Independence Station Road, Independence
- City of Independence, 5272 Madison Pike, Independence
- City of Fort Mitchell, 2355 Dixie Highway, Fort Mitchell
- City of Edgewood, 385 Dudley Road, Edgewood
- City of Fort Wright, 9 Kyles Lane, Fort Wright
- City of Erlanger, 505 Commonwealth Avenue, Erlanger
Before recycling, please remove any boxes and bags. You can also visit https://www.cohenusa.com/lights to find other recycling locations and other recyclable items.
Questions? Please contact Kenton County Public Works Solid Waste Management at (859) 392-1919 or Melissa.Grandstaff@KentonCounty.org