View Summaries of Working Group Meetings and Community Meetings
The Community of Latonia Lakes is a residential land area located within an unincorporated area of Kenton County. Early in the 1930s this area was developed into a resort area for summer activities and fun. Through the years, the area has changed into a residential area for families to live and grow. For around 50 years this area became known as the City of Latonia Lakes. However, in 2006 the City was dissolved and has now become known as the Community of Latonia Lakes.
This community has formed a community group known as “New Hope for Latonia Lakes.” This group is working hard to bring the community together and become a family-friendly, safe place to live.
The goals of New Hope for Latonia Lakes are:
- Restoring basic services in the community
- Upgrading and replacing underground utilities
- Repairing storm water drainage systems
- Repairing and replacing the road system
- Removing unsafe structures
- Cleaning up and maintaining homes and vacant lots
- Revitalization of park areas
New Hope for Latonia Lakes is also working with law enforcement to reduce and eliminate drug usage, as well as any other criminal activity that is occurring in the community.