- Public Works
- Solid Waste Management
- Voucher Program
The monthly clean-up events have been modified to a Voucher System Program.
The monthly clean-up events have been replaced with a voucher system. Unwanted waste can be taken directly to Bavarian Landfill (859-485-4416), instead of Kenton County Public Works. The voucher system will allow the community to dispose of their waste at Bavarian Landfill, Monday through Saturday, during normal business hours. Kenton County will no longer host monthly clean-up events.
Obtaining a Voucher
Vouchers are available for Kenton County residents and can be obtained online or in person at Kenton County Public Works.
- Create an account with CivicRec. Once approved to participate in the program, the CivicRec catalog is where you will go to obtain the voucher.
- Complete a Trash Voucher Program Application. The Public Works team will review the application for eligibility to participate in the program.
- A paid trash bill is required for submission of this application. This trash bill can be paid in varying time periods (monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc.) depending upon where you live. Sometimes the trash bill is part of the city taxes.
- Once the application is reviewed and approved, the Public Works team will contact you informing you that your account in the CivicRec platform has been updated with the appropriate credentials to obtain a voucher.
- The credentials associated with the account are valid through the paid trash period. You will need to reapply after that period ends.
- You will then be able to visit the catalog to obtain a voucher. You will need to be logged into your account to add it to your cart and complete the transaction (there is no cost to the voucher program).
- The voucher may then be taken to Bavarian Waste during their normal business hours. You may either print the voucher or use a mobile device to display it.
About the Program
- 200 vouchers per month will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Vouchers will not be issued during months that have a clean-up event scheduled (spring and fall clean-up events).
- Vouchers are not intended for businesses.
- Limit 1 voucher per Kenton County residential address per month; not to exceed 10 per year.
Kenton County will still have the normal appliance pickup and drop-off options for metals, oil, and antifreeze, available to the public during normal business hours.
Options for disposal of items not accepted with voucher program:
- Spring & Fall Clean-Up
- Hazardous Material Disposal information
Items Not Accepted
Vans / SUVs / Pickup Trucks
Waste cannot be stacked higher than the cab.
Trailers up to 8 Feet in Length
Waste can be stacked no higher than 3 feet.
Bavarian has the right to turn away unacceptable items and loads that are too large.
If the load is too large (exceeds the value of the voucher) resident has the option to pay for load at the normal Bavarian Landfill rate and hold on to voucher for a smaller load.
No Credit Policy
- Two vouchers max per drop off
- Vouchers hold no monetary value
Kenton County Code of Ordinances
- Chapter 50.031: Collection of solid waste, including bulky waste, from all generators, including residential, agricultural, commercial, institutional and industrial is mandatory.
- Chapter 50.066: Open dumping of solid waste, including bulky waste, on all lands (that is, roadsides, hollows, river, streams, lakes, and the like) by any persons is prohibited.
Dropping items off at Public Works when there is no clean-up event scheduled is wrong and considered illegal dumping. If caught, you will be prosecuted and fined.