How do I apply for Homestead Exemption?

The Property Valuation Administrator's office handles the Homestead Exemption.

Under the provisions of the Homestead Amendment, a person or persons must be 65 years of age or older or totally disabled during the year for which application is made, and must own, occupy and maintain a residential unit for such exemption.

Contact Information

View the Covington and Independence office information.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find property assessments?
2. Where do I pay my property taxes?
3. Where can I find building / electric / plumbings codes?
4. Where can I find information about deeds, land documents, mortgages and plats?
5. Where can I find foreclosures (the Master Commissioner Sale of Properties)?
6. How do I apply for Homestead Exemption?