Recycling in Kenton County

Due to the growing public health impacts of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus),  “Big Blue Recycle Bin” recycling locations are limited at this time.

Available locations include:

  • Kenton County Public Works
  • Taylor Mill Public Works
  • Erlanger Library
  • Kenton County Library
  • Tank Transit
  • Mills Park
  • Piner Elementary
  • Pioneer Park
  • Kenton County Government Center

Please contact Kenton County Solid Waste Management for all recycling questions.

There are 14 Kenton County recycling bin locations that are managed by Public Works. See the map below for their locations and accepted materials.

Fibers (Mixed Papers)

Newspapers with glossy ad inserts, magazines, catalogs and telephone books should be placed together in a brown paper grocery sack. Place sack(s) inside or beside your bin, or - in case of rain - place under the bin. Not presently accepted are pizza boxes. Grease and food contamination of cardboard renders it unacceptable.


Clear, brown, green and blue glass food and beverage containers and jars are accepted. Please remove caps and rinse. Paper labels do not need to be removed. Metal lids may also be placed in the bin. Not presently accepted are window glass, mirrors, light bulbs, drinking glasses or mugs, and oven-cooking glassware (Pyrex).


  • Detergent bottles displaying the recycling logo with the number 1 or 2
  • Laundry
  • Plastic milk containers
  • Shampoo
  • Soft drinks

Please remove all caps or lids and rinse. Labels do not need to be removed. Not presently accepted are wide-mouth containers such as margarine bowls or whipped topping containers; plastic flatware; cassette and compact disc cases; children's toys; oil jugs, plastic bags and plastic buckets.


Aluminum and bi-metal beverage cans, steel soup and food cans, and empty aerosol cans are accepted. Please rinse and drain cans. Labels do not need to be removed. Lids may be placed inside cans. Not presently accepted are pots or pans, coat hangers, and scrap steel.

Recycling Printer & Toner Cartridges

Bring your used printer and copier toner cartridges to:

  • Kenton County Public Works:
    420 Independence Station Road (Lincoln Ridge Park)
    Independence, KY 41051
    Phone: 859-392-1920
  • Kenton County Building:
    303 Court Street
    Covington, KY 41011
    Phone: 859-392-1400