Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Submission of this form is to request the reservation for the desired date and time. The reservation is not confirmed until a County Representative contacts the Applicant and confirms the reservation. At that time, the Facility Use Agreement will be executed for the Kenton County Riedlin-Schott Community Room and the security deposit will be due.
(unless County approved use)
Extra hours times $75 fee.
Provided by Kenton County Sheriff’s Office (for events after 5PM)
1. Use: The Riedlin-Schott Community Room is available for the following uses: Meetings/seminars, arts, education, celebrations and other events as approved by the Judge Executive or his or her designee. No outside furnishings may be brought into the building without prior approval. The County Judge Executive or his or her designee reserves the right to waive any or all fees based upon community need and impact of such an event.
2. Security Deposit: Guest agrees to pay a security deposit of $250 at the time of booking to hold the date for the event. In addition to the fee described, Guest will be responsible for paying any and all additional expenses incurred by the Guest and/or the County in support of or as a result of the use. Such expenses may include, but are not limited to, non-routine cleaning costs, security costs, and fees. Guest shall pay to County the amount of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250), which shall be held by County as a security deposit for any damage to the facility or other loss or expense incurred by County due to the use of the facility by Guest. In the event that there is any damage, loss or expense incurred by County due to the use, Guest agrees and acknowledges that County may use the security deposit for payment of same without prior approval of Guest. The amount of the security deposit paid hereunder is not limit of Guests liability to County for damage, loss, or expense and any claim for same by County shall be paid immediately by Guest.
3. The facility is tobacco free, including e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
4. Maximum Occupancy. The Riedlin-Schott Community room has a seating capacity of one Hundred and thirty six (136) people for a sit down reception with tables. For events with chairs only, the capacity is two hundred and ninety two (292). For the guests comfort and safety, these limits must be observed.
5. Cancellations: If the event is cancelled at any time 30 calendar days prior to scheduled event, the agreement shall be terminated without penalty and the $250 security deposit will be refunded. Cancellations made less than 30 days shall forfeit 50% of the deposit.
6. The County reserves the right to cancel any event/meeting at any time and reserves the right to deny the use of the facility for any reason. An organizations use of the facility does not imply the County’s endorsement.
7. Availability: The Riedlin-Schott Community Room shall be available from 8AM to 10PM Sunday – Thursday and 8AM to midnight on Friday – Saturday. The facility is closed on all County Holidays. Reservations will not be accepted more than one year in advance. Guest shall have access to the facility two hours prior to scheduled start of the event and one hour from the scheduled end of the event for setup and cleanup. Any exception shall be requested and approved in writing. County sponsored activities will take precedence over all other events.
8. Food and Beverages: No food may be prepared in the facility. All food and beverages must be previously prepared or obtained through a licensed caterer. The County does not have a preferred vendor list for catering and entertainment services.
9. Guest shall make no temporary or permanent modification to the property without the prior written consent of County. This includes ANYTHING to walls, doors, windows or any other surfaces in any way, use of personal furniture or fixtures, affixing props or promotional sets, backdrops or drapes or altering the facility in any way that does not conform to its use as a meeting room.
10. Guest agrees to use and occupy the facility in accordance with County policies, regulations, rules, and practices and with all applicable county, state, and federal laws, including but not limited to fire codes. Guest may not use County’s names or marks, or imply County endorsement or support, without express written permission from the County Administrator.
11. Security. Guest is responsible for providing all necessary and appropriate safety precautions and instruction to all participants and attendees at Guest’s activity. This includes additional security or other services which may be required by County. For events after 5PM on weekdays and for all events on Saturday and Sunday, Guest shall provide security to be provided by the Kenton County Sheriff’s Office. For all events that exceed 100 participants, a minimum of two officers must be provided. Guest is responsible for any and all damages to building, grounds, and equipment caused by participants and attendees. Attendees of Guest not conforming with these policies or who create a threat to the safety of others will be asked to leave the premises and/or subject to removal by law enforcement.
12. Room Setup. Prior to the date of the scheduled event, a representative of the County will discuss with Guest to confirm room setup details. Guest has the option of two setup options, consisting of a banquet or conference style format. Both table options are depicted in the welcome packet. Custom table setups will be the responsibility of the Guest with approval of County designee. Table linens and decorations are not provided.
13. Final Housecleaning. The County shall perform a final housecleaning after each event. If an excessive amount of cleaning is required to return the premises back to the same condition as it was prior to the event, an additional cleaning charge will be assessed and paid by check or forfeiture of security deposit. Guest agrees that all trash and debris should be removed from the tables and placed in appropriate containers.
14. Children. Children are to be supervised at all times while using the Riedlin-Schott Community Room. Guest assumes a shared interest in their safety and in preserving the property.
15. Entertainment. If a DJ/band or other form of entertainment is used by Guest, the volume of the entertainment is subject to being restricted by the County, in its manager’s or security officer’s sole discretion.
16. Any personal property left on the premises shall, after a period of ten (10) days from conclusion of the event, be deemed abandoned and shall be disposed of at County’s sole discretion.
17. This agreement is between Guest and the County ONLY and shall not be assigned to any party. Guest agrees not to allow any other person, group, or entity to use the property during the scheduled time(s) without written consent of County.
18. Guest hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless County against any and all liability, claims, suits, losses, costs and legal fees caused by, arising out of, or resulting from any negligent act or omission of Guest with regard to the property including negligent acts or omission of any direct or indirect employee of Guest. A certificate of Insurance listing the County as an additionally insured party may be required for group events.
19. This agreement terminates and supersedes all prior understandings or agreements on the subject matter hereof. This agreement may be modified only by a further writing that is duly executed by both parties.
20. This agreement is subject to the jurisdiction of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Any claim shall be filed with the court of appropriate jurisdiction seated in Covington, Kentucky. If any provision of this agreement is deemed to be invalid by a court with competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field